Permanent position: Manufacturer of packaging machinery near Tampa, FL, is seeking candidates for an open Machine Builder position to interview and start ASAP. This position would entail the assembly of packaging machines, assemblies, and sub-assemblies and testing of the machinery. Salary range for this position is $45k/yr-$55k/yr. depending on experience.Responsibilities for the Machine Technician
Requirements for the Machine Technician
- Assemble complete packaging machines/assemblies/sub assemblies and ancillary equipment.
- Carry out internal testing of machines assembled.
- Troubleshoot machine/sub assembly problems and identify and fix the root cause of the problem.
- Run machine factory acceptance tests with the customer.
- Perform modifications to parts on manual equipment in the Machine Shop.
- Formal training in mechanical assembly/machining gained via an apprenticeship or equivalent program.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Ability to read manufacturing blue prints.
- Experience with pneumatics and an understanding of the fundamentals of electricity.
- Experience of building capital equipment, preferably packaging equipment.
- Company Sponsored Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.