Permanent position: A Project Architect is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Jacksonville, FL Melbourne, FL, Grain Valley, MO, Louisville, KY, or Rochester, NY area. Develop the signaling system architecture by defining and allocating requirements. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- Develop the system documents, including plans, specifications and other technical documents. Apply the system engineering processes.
- Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements (change requests) and that proper system engineering approach is followed.
- Ensure technical consistency and alignment with the other Project Engineering teams throughout the development. Develop typical applications of the system for Generic System Validation purposes and manage design feedback from verification and validation team.
- Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risks. Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the System Baselines, analyse and implement Change Requests.
- Prepare and participate in Design Reviews. Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college. High school diploma / GED with at least 12 years of Signal Engineering design or Signal System commissioning experience.
- Professional Engineering License preferred. Minimum of 8 years of experience in a systems design, product design, or system commissioning role in the rail/transit signaling domain. INCOSE Systems Engineering Training or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.