Permanent position: A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Grain Valley, MO area. A Manufacturing Engineer improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Assists in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training. Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Supports the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results. Supports design, development and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency. Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field. 1+ year direct experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with a SAP ERP operating system required. A working knowledge of MES (Manufacturing Enterprise System) or equivalent required.
- Strong understanding of engineering configuration management with the ability to convert engineering requirements into manufacturing instructions. Understanding of the relationship between engineering Bill Of Materials and a manufacturing Bill Of Materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.