Permanent position: Project Engineering Manager, Frostproof, FL - Fortune 200 Steel manufacturer seeks to hire an degreed engineer to lead a team of engineers responsible for supporting the construction and start-up of a new steel mill. The successful candidate will have experience with the construction, commissioning and startup of a new manufacturing plant and equipment. Must also have experience supervising other professionals. BS Civil, Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering required. Responsibilities for the Project Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Project Engineering Manager
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the corporate construction team, design-build firm and operation, and is directly responsible for leading a team of engineers, including Automation, Power Systems, Manufacturing.
- Responsibilities include execution of effective maintenance processes, team member training and development, identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities and project management.
- Document Control
- Engineering reviews
- BS Engineering, Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering preferred
- 5+ years experience leading capital projects including, greenfield, brownfield, capital project management.
- Supervision experience
- Experience in steel, paper, chemical, heavy industry.
- Work history that reflects a commitment to employee and contractor safety
- Experience with document control software
- Excellent benefits and relo assistance
- Company has never laid off an employee due to lack of work.
- Multiple plants in the US and opportunity for growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.