Permanent position: Construction client has an immediate need to add a MEP Preconstruction Manager to their growing team! This is a direct hire opportunity located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. To be considered for this position, candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years experience in MEP Preconstruction and a BS Degree in either Construction Management or Engineering. Salary is commensurate on experience. Please apply today!Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Manage a Design Build Project from Concept to Final Contract Award.
- Perform accurate quantity survey of materials using On Screen Take Off/Bluebeam.
- Review drawings for missing information and write RFI's for submittal to Architects & Engineers.
- Develop comprehensive qualifications and assumptions from bid tabs of Trade Contractors.
- Meet and present to Owners & A/E Team to discuss design & pricing and be able to explain the cost variances and, if required, recommend solutions to bring the project back within budget.
- Focus on Risk Management regarding qualifications, scope and constructability issues.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Minimum of Seven (7) Years' previous experience in Preconstruction.
- Ability to read, interpret & understand plans and conceptual drawings proficiently.
- Knowledge of CMIC software is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent benefits package includes: annual bonus, 401k with matching, health, dental, and vision insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.