Contract position: A Facilities Engineer is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Salem, Virginia area. This position will manage environmental performance and reporting for all company facilities. No per diem available. No travel is required. Day shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.Responsibilities for the Facilities Engineer
Requirements for the Facilities Engineer
- Plan and manage all phases of major and minor facility projects. Create and adhere to project budgets and project schedules.
- Maintain energy tracking databases. Complete energy reporting for local and HQ purposes.
- Assist maintenance department in project management, contractor management, technical resources, training resources, safety programs, continuous improvement and environmental compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field and at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have sufficient proven technical knowledge of all equipment, processes and products related to facilities management.
- Must have fundamental understanding of facility mechanical systems, electrical distribution systems, fire safety systems, site security systems and structural systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.