Contract position: A Mechanical Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position will monitor manufacturing asset performance against goals daily. This role will utilize data, and communication with operators to evaluate failures, opportunities, and needs. No per diem is available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Work with skilled tradesman, engineers, and operations to ensure that repairs, changes, and improvements are completed, safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Work with design team, fabricators, and other groups to get items created, and manufactured that will be used either to repair, or improve our production assets.
- When required this person will need to be able to utilize Solid Works, and AutoCAD to design components, and small assemblies.
- Associate's degree in a Mechanical or Technical based program. At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Microsoft suite a must, CAD/Solid Works a big plus.
- Troubleshooting and Design Experience, to include drawing packages are required as well as data acquisition and analysis experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.