Permanent position: Client that designs & constructs plants in the Oil & Gas, Chemical & Petrochemical industries is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Houston. You need a BSEE degree & 5-12 years of experience supporting heavy industrial plant EPC projects, ideally in the oil & gas industry. Our client offers excellent benefits, 401k, competitive compensation plan and relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for the design and development of Electrical systems for the petrochemical, chemical and oil & gas industries
- Preparation of technical specifications, for Substation, Power Distribution Building (PDC), LV/MV Switchgears, MCCs, VFDs, Motors, Transformers, Bus ducts, Cable bus, Electrical heat tracing etc...for these related EPC projects
- Review & approve Electrical installation drawings, Schematics, Load Lists, one-line Diagrams, Interconnection diagrams, Cable schedules, Bulk Material take off (MTO) in full compliance with recognized industry and safety standards, and various client specifications.
- Perform system calculations & studies for electrical power systems - load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit studies, & relay coordination studies
- Review and check project related company drawings to ensure compliance with all company and project instructions/specifications (One-line diagrams, electrical equipment location drawings, plan drawings, details, schematics, wiring diagrams, grounding layouts etc.)
- Develop test requirements and assist in electrical equipment checkout and startup
- Develop technical bid tabulation to support the selection of major electrical equipment
- 5-12 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer supporting large heavy industrial plant EPC projects working for an EPC firm
- You need experience preparing technical specifications for Substation, Power Distribution Building (PDC), LV/MV Switchgears, MCCs, VFDs, Motors, Transformers, Bus ducts, Cable bus, Electrical heat tracing etc...
- You need specific experience performing calculations & studies for load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit, & relay coordination
- You need to have experience using ETAP or SKM to perform system calculations & studies for electrical power systems
- Some experience out on the construction site inspecting equipment & starting up a plant is needed
- Experience with one-line diagrams, electrical equipment location drawings, plan drawings, details, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc
- BSEE or MSEE degree is needed and a PE would be a PLUS
- 10-20% travel to project sites
- A familiarity with SmartPlant would be a PLUS
- Excellent medical benefits
- 401k plan
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.