Contract position: A Reliability Engineer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Goleta, CA area. This position will analyze data from ongoing reliability testing for new product launches. Report to senior engineers and to management on reliability of production line as well as development builds. No per diem is available. No travel is required. OT is not expected. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Reliability Engineer
Requirements for the Reliability Engineer
- Work with multi-discipline team to develop new reliability test equipment. Oversee day-to-day reliability tasks including tracking, testing and reporting results.
- Organize data and provide written and oral reporting of reliability results. Write SOPs, perform gage capability studies, maintain all equipment calibrations, etc. of test and characterization equipment.
- Install and qualify new equipment, come up with build instructions for new equipment. Support failure analysis efforts for devices which fail reliability testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a relevant field. Microscopy and characterization familiarity (FIB, SEM, AFM, or other microscopy).
- Proficient in a software program to automate routine tasks (VBA, Labview, etc). Understanding of basic statistical analysis techniques and ability to use software tools such as Minitab, MatLab, or JMP.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.