Contract position: We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Drive momentum product improvements for Retrofit, Modification, and Upgrade (RMU) projects and cost reduction through engineering analysis, redesign and verification.
- Work with customer service to support customer product inquiries regarding momentum products. Read and interpret internal and customer product specifications and make recommendations for enhancements based on engineering analysis.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to perform formal root cause and corrective action activities on production and fielded actuation product design problems.
- Sustain product viability through proactive evaluation and redesign of hardware with obsolete components.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Knowledge of Catia, ProE, or other 3D design tool
- Hands on experience with designing and /or building mechanical components and systems.
- Experience with materials and processes utilized in aerospace applications.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.