Contract position: A MES Engineer is needed for a biotechnology company that is focused on drug discovery and drug development in the Norwood, MA area. This role will be responsible for role supporting the delivery and administration of the Syncade MES. No per diem available. This position will start in Cambridge, MA and transition to Norwood, MA.Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- The individual will assist in configuration/customization of the system, participate maintaining necessary procedures, and provide system training to users.
- Activities will also include cross training of other digital manufacturing systems.
- Install, configure and maintain Manufacturing Execution Systems and the interfaces between an MES and other systems including control systems
- Participates in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support.
- A Bachelor degree in science, technology or another relevant academic discipline. A minimum 2+ years of experience implementing and maintaining an MES system.
- Working understanding of cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices. An understanding of computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Computer programming and debugging skills with specific emphasis on Visual Basic or VB Script, C#, SQL, Java, and HTML Style Sheets. Experience with Emerson Syncade MES is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.