Contract position: A Buyer/Planner is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Evans, GA area. This position is responsible for the creation of purchase orders and the planning of material related to New Product Introductions and sustaining engineering changes, follow up with suppliers to deliver on time and expedite if necessary to meet project timelines. No per diem available. No travel will be required. 1st shift. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, project timeline and capacity. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production plan.
- Work with suppliers to expedite or defer materials as dictated by changes in internal and external customer requirements and to meet production, product timeline, and inventory objectives.
- Maintain accurate purchase order information in the MAPICS system. Modify order release due dates, quantities, and closes purchase orders, etc, based on planning demand. Monitor engineering changes to ensure ECN instructions are clear and compiled.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1 year of experience in an MRP system is required. Experience in a buyer/planner role is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.