Contract position: A Metrologist for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Hickory, NC area. This position will provide metrology engineering and precision measurement services to product and process development teams and manufacturing customers. No per diem is available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Metrologist
Requirements for the Metrologist
- Establish measurement request requirements including instrument selection, measure and definition, and uncertainty requirements, execute measurements, analyze data, and communicate results.
- Execute high precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology in support of manufacturing, product and process development, and fundamental understanding.
- Perform data analysis and reporting of results using sound statistical methods. Ensure effective preventative maintenance and interim performance verification of high precision metrology equipment.
- Associate's degree in either a mechanical, optical, or related engineering discipline and at least 7 years of experience in metrology. Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Optical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology equipment and their metrological characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.