Contract position: An Electrical Engineer is needed for a leader in power and automation technologies in the Memphis, TN area. This role will update redline drawings, draft schematics and system drawings in AutoCAD. Create updates to technical data such as installation and operation manuals, onelines, etc. as necessary. No per diem available. No travel required. Rates are estimates, please indicate a specific pay rate you would like.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Work closely with technical support engineers on customer escalations to engineering. This often includes reproducing and fixing bugs reported by customers.
- Software development and improvements in field support capabilities such as better diagnostic tools.
- Resolve electrical component obsolescence issues by working with purchasing. Write test specifications and procedures for electrical and electromechanical assemblies.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 2 years of experience in either product design, new product release, test engineering, or manufacturing support.
- Understanding of industry network protocols such as SNMP, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, Profibus/Profinet, and BACnet/IP.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.