Contract position: Manufacturing scheduler needed in Houston Texas. This person will manage the day to day schedule and work orders for a manufacturing division within a large Oil & Gas company. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your skills and move up within a leading employer in Houston!Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- receives training to be able to plan and schedule routine orders for assigned product lines and resolve related problems affecting delivery
- Receives delivery orders and works with higher level Schedulers to analyze availability, lead times, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Processes and monitors inventory computer transactions
- monitors levels of raw material to ensure proper receiving; and monitors work-in-process for cost variations
- Negotiates dates on exceptions with concerned parties, may coordinate processing of paperwork for movement of parts to field locations, and assists in implementing engineering change notices affecting orders
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing or procurement position
- Ability to learn quickly
- SAP experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.