Contract position: An Assistant Project Estimator is needed for a leader in power and automation technologies in the Memphis, TN area. This role will work as a key part of the Engineering Team to prepare highly competitive project bids and supporting documentation using standardized tools and processes. No per diem available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Review quote requirements and forward material needs to Supply Management and substation design needs to Engineering.
- Obtain cost and other commercial information from approved contractors and other company approved sources.
- Summarize into proposal form and provide complete Job Estimate Sheet (JES), all information obtained from Engineering (design), Supply Management (material), company approved contractors (construct and install.
- At least two years of work experience in Construction Estimating or similar field (preferred Electrical background; Commercial construction is ideal.).
- Familiar with the proposal design needs of marketing and customers. Familiar with standard industry concepts, practices, and procedures. Substation construction experiences a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.