Permanent position: Client has an immediate need for a Superintendent to join their team in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This opportunity is for candidates who possess a minimum of 5 years in commercial construction. Please apply today!Responsibilities for the Superintendent
Requirements for the Superintendent
- Provides ongoing scheduling input to project management staff for all scheduling efforts.
- Manages construction budgets set by the project manager, tracking construction costs, and submitting all invoices to accounting in a timely manner.
- Ensures all parties follow all safety procedures and practices according to both OSHA and company requirements.
- Schedules and participates in necessary inspections required by local and state regulations. Organizes final inspections for completed work.
- Respond to onsite incidents and emergencies per company procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in commerical construction.
- Posess a project list that includes work on some of the following: Hotels, Shopping Centers, Universities, Governmental, and Light Industrial.
- Advanced knowledge of associated trades including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, finish trades, layout, etc.
- The ability to read and interpret drawings, contracts and specifications.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), prior experience with scheduling software is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.