Contract position: World leading medical device company in Dublin, CA is looking for a Staff Mechanical Design Engineer. This engineer works in a medical device research and development environment assisting, and in some cases leading, the mechanical development of design approaches and performing detailed mechanical design of subsystems of new or improved products. This is a long term contract position and could go perm for the right candidate.Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Design of mechanisms, optical mounts, electronic enclosures and machine parts.
- Perform tests on designs and assembly and direct the assembly of prototypes.
- Product development experience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering desirable, or equivalent experience in mechanical and system design. Optical experience is a plus.
- Proficient in 3-D CAD design and Solidworks.
- Experience with sheet metal and designing machine parts.
- For the right candidate, this position could go permanent.
- Contractor benefits like: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO and 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.