Contract position: A Fiber Optic Lab Testing Assistant for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Keller, TX area. This position will assist in performing set up and performance verification of fiber optic testing system. No per diem is available. No travel will be required. 1st shift, Monday-Friday. No OT, however should there ever be a need for it then it would need to be pre-approved.Responsibilities for the Test Technician
Requirements for the Test Technician
- Configure product samples for environmental and mechanical testing. Perform optical measurements using manual or automated test systems.
- Program and operate environmental chambers and test equipment. Setup/perform and track/report progress of testing as directed. Document test results from optical fiber component testing as per documented procedures.
- Conduct basic data analysis. Draft test reports in the proper format and filed accordingly. Assist in conducting failure mode analysis. Perform basic troubleshooting/problem solving.
- High school diploma and previous experience in electronics and/or fiber optics is preferred.
- Experience in a laboratory environment is highly desirable. Must have experience working hands-on with fiber. Must have excellent dexterity and ability to handle delicate glass fiber.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.