Permanent position: Engineering client that works on petrochem, refinery, and related engineering & construction projects is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. You need 7-12 years of total experience supporting projects in these areas. **** salary is commensurate with experience ****Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous projects in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per Company policies and procedures, and work instructions.
- Overall project execution, including monitoring project schedules, work assignments, budgets, & manpower expenditures
- Direct all project phases - engineering (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the business area and the client to ensure a balance between the immediate project needs and the long term goals of the company
- Manage the execution of the project with a focus on maintaining or improving the as-sold profit level for the project
- Prepare detailed project budget and manage final execution of the project's cost
- Track the project against the schedule, budget & phase review objectives & give status reports regularly to the customer & executive staff
- Coordinate all engineering input for the initial bid to the customer
- Review and approves key project documents including P&IDs, Plot Plans, Operating Manuals, etc
- The ideal candidate has 7+ years of overall experience in the EPC industry involved in Oil & Gas related projects (refinery, petrochem, gas processing, etc...) but any heavy industrial plant experience will do
- 2-5+ years of recent experience as a Project Manager managing engineering and/or construction projects ranging from 5-25+ million dollars
- Our client is willing to consider more junior candidates that maybe have 5+ years of engineering or construction experience and have some experience as a Project Engineer
- The ideal candidate will have experience as a Project Manager who had complete P&L responsibility for every phase of the project from the basic & detailed engineering to the procurement of the equipment & services to the actual construction of the plant
- BS degree in Engineering is preferred, but all technical degrees will be accepted
- Possesses a general understanding of contract administration, business principals and business law.
- You need to be very proficient with generating documents, reports and presentations by yourself using Excel, Word & Power Point
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Package
- Excellent Pay
- Performance Bonus Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.