Permanent position: A leader in Automotive Air Conditioning is seeking a Senior Packaging Engineer to join its team. This person will be responsible for developing packaging in compliance with the company's and customer's requirements. Duties will include packaging concept development, design, testing, and reporting. Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Achieve departmental execution plans and goals by product development.
- Develop new concept packaging design and standards
- Develop packaging design, solutions and requirements for customers, suppliers, and cross functional members to meet required needs.
- Develop engineering laboratory testing methods / standard and equipment.
- Coach / mentor engineers and other staff for Design Engineering growth based on expertise
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (BSME preferred), Masters' Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5-7 years' experience in packaging design, testing knowledge / skill, and logistics system knowledge.
- Working knowledge of current computer technology and applications such as CAD, CAE and MS Office applications.
- Knowledgeable on IATF-16949 and ISO-14001 procedures.
- Must be able to travel up to 0 - 10% domestic; 0 - 5% international to countries such as but not limited to Japan, Mexico
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.