Contract position: Top Engineering Firm involved in Aviation & Federal Global engineering & construction projects is looking for an Electrical Drafting Technician to revise and prepare 2D & 3D drawings on a variety of building/facilities-related projects. These projects encompass building structures for the Department of Defense, Airports and Aviation, Aircraft Fueling, Universities, Military Reserve centers, and others. There is a lot of growth and upward mobility with this position. You need 0-5 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally either electrical or structural. Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Using Revit and AutoCAD to assist in the planning and preparing of detailed drawings for building lighting systems, power systems, and low-voltage data and security systems
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & structures related to substation designs
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- 0-5 years of experience as a Drafter
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 drafting software
- Revit and AutoCAD experience preferred
- Specific drafting experience supporting electrical design, calculations and standards is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and one year of related experience or associate's degree and two years' related experience or three years' progressive detailing and design experience.
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.