Permanent position: Product Support Engineer position with an Aerospace Manufacturing client located in the Carson, CA area. This position will be responsible to work directly with external and internal customers providing technical product support. Position will require occasional travel, sometimes internationally to customer sites as needed. Local candidates preferred. Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Answer Customer's daily technical queries on products operation and maintenance
- Provides customer on-site technical support/services as required such as, A/C Troubleshooting, and presentation to Customers on products technical in-service experience
- Investigate with OEM Engineering/Sustaining/Quality on technical issues reported by Customers
- Lead or participate to Root Cause Analysis
- Lead & participate in technical issue resolution with OEM Engineering / Sustaining / Quality
- Provide Training to Customers with help of Repair Stations or OEM as necessary
- Provide internal technical support to Sales, Repair Station, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering ( equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered )
- Approximately 2 or more years experience in an engineering or similar position ideally related to design engineering, sustaining, technical support, and/or service engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing / communication role with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to use good investigative skills examining all factors to find the root cause of technical issues
- Ability to read and analyze engineering drawings and specifications, including electrical and mechanical
- Willingness to travel on occasion to client sites for investigative purposes as needed (will require international travel)
- Excellent benefits package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.