Contract position: Large Utility has an immediate need in the Jackson MI for a Materials Technician. Responsible for the daily operation of inspecting inbound shipments and ensuring accurate distribution of Pipeline Construction materials and equipment in a warehouse environment. Expected to last 9+ months, possible extension. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Responsible for the daily operation of inspecting inbound shipments and ensuring accurate distribution of Pipeline Construction materials and equipment in a warehouse environment
- Assists warehouse personnel ensuring the material is stored in the proper area with accompanying certified test reports and assist with organization of the inventory for Pipeline Construction jobs
- Performs Material receipt inspection for all project materials
- Provide assistance to multiple projects for the procurement of pipeline materials with minimal guidance or supervision.
- High School Diploma minimum some college preferred
- Experience with material records.
- Parts Inspection experience
- Able to compare drawings/specifications to delivered materials
- Work experience in construction-related warehouse operation is desirable
- Ability to establish priorities to handle project assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows programs and related software tools.
- Contractor Benefits Available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.