Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the South San Francisco, CA area. This position will work on a team that develops tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and create interventions to prevent and manage disease. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and revise mechanical parts and assemblies. Create mechanical and inspection drawings for manufacturing. Perform tolerance analysis and stackups.
- Work with partner and vendor teams to create and update designs. Assemble devices and test fixtures.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 3 years of industry experience with a focus in mechanical design.
- Experience in tolerance stackup analysis, mechanical prototyping, creating mechanical drawings, and SolidWorks 3D CAD.
- Prefer familiarity with electro-mechanical prototyping, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and medical device development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.