Contract position: Top Engineering Firm involved in power generation and electric transmission & distribution (T&D) engineering & construction projects is looking for a Drafter to join their team. This role will focus on designing building lighting systems, power systems, and low-voltage data and security systems. This is a contract to hire opportunity located in Bloomington, MN. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to Bloomington. This position has a lot of growth potential and will quickly move into a permanent designer opportunity for the right person!!Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Using Revit and AutoCAD, assist in the planning and preparing of detailed drawings for building lighting systems, power systems, and low-voltage data and security systems.
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & systems relating to the building design
- Successfully plot drawings; learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures; learns the practices of the electrical engineering discipline.
- 0-8 years of experience as a Drafter
- Basic understanding of design software; Revit or AutoCAD experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in drafting technology or related and 1+ year of experience; Associate's Degree and 2+ years, or 3+ years of progressive detailing and design experience
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.