Permanent position: Industry leading manufacturer is looking to hire a day shift Maintenance Engineer. This position will be located in the Bakersfield, California area. The ideal candidate will possess either a Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering along with experience optimizing machine operating time and reducing failure rate of equipment & machinery, optimizing equipment maintainability, extending equipment life and introducing engineering solutions that expedite maintenance services while improving operator effectiveness. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $115k plus a bonus. Relocation assistance is also available. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- Serve as internal consulting engineer for the maintenance department & general engineering consultant to the plant
- Propose and implement capital and expense projects for the maintenance department and offer input on the development or rebuild & replacement capital projects. Review capital projects for reliability & equipment serviceability issues
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis & develop feasible engineering solutions
- Serve as the technical consultant for development & implementation of the maintenance information system
- Participate in goal setting, strategy development, decision making & planning processes in the maintenance department
- Ensure that drawings, renderings & schematics for proposed equipment & machinery modifications are prepared & filed. Maintain accurate as-is drawings, renderings, schematics of equipment & machinery modifications initiated & implemented by the maintenance department
- Manage the maintenance department reliability program
- Work with maintenance planner to further develop maintenance planning system utilizing Maximo
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive equipment failures, excessive equipment wear issues and changeover problems
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering but will consider candidates with an Associate's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD, data analysis, project management and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting process and equipment problems and preparing procedures, technical bulletins and equipment specifications
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the Us
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $115k plus a bonus opportunity
- Relocation assistance is also available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.