Sr Design Engineer needed in Livermore CA to to design, develop, test, applicate and production release Axle, Transfer Case and Suspension systems and components for NA and global Defense, Specialty & Off-Highway markets. Expected to last 12 months, possible extension possible temp to hire. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Perform engineering analysis necessary for the production design, application and testing of axle/suspension components and systems. This will include the use of CAE tools such as Pro/Engineer and Pro/Mechanica.
- Interface with all aspects of engineering to meet customer requirements with focus on project timing, product design, test plans and prototype builds.
- Work with designers to release detailed drawing packages.
- Establish good working relationships with team members, outside suppliers, customers and various internal groups.
- BSME (MSME preferred) with 2-3 years of direct, practical experience. Will consider entry level engineer with co-op experience
- Experience with specialty and defense vehicle products and systems
- Design experience with structural components (forgings, castings, weldments)
- Experience with geared systems would be a plus
- Extremely good communication skills of all types are a must
- Well versed with all MS Windows software
- Excellent understanding of static analysis, and familiar with fundamentals of dynamic and kinematic studies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.