Permanent position: Industry leading property development and construction firm is seeking a Sr. Director of Construction to join their team in the Southern California area. Candidates for this role may work out of Irvine or San Diego and will travel up to 50% around the country to various project sites. Qualified candidates will have 20+ years of general construction and property development experience, a Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent and expertise in ground up construction in multi-family housing. The Sr. Director will report to the VP of US Construction and will be highly involved in pre-construction, acquisition of subcontractors, bidding, and value engineering. Additional responsibilities and requirements listed below. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your construction career!Responsibilities for the Director
Requirements for the Director
- Support US development team on multi-family projects in California, Texas and Washington (possibly other regions).
- Construction bid solicitation and analysis.
- Responsible for project objectives, budgets, performance and schedules.
- 20+ years of experience in the construction industry (experience working in general construction and property development)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management or similar preferred.
- Experience with ground up multi-family construction required.
- Understanding of California building codes highly preferred.
- Must be a strong communicator and be able to build partnerships and relationships
- 401k, medical, PTO
- Profit sharing bonus
- Relocation assistance may be available to non-local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.