Contract position: We are looking for a Mechanical Drafter/Engineer in Eastanollee, GA to work at a leading aerospace manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Support tooling drafting and design
- Support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes. Support weekly cross functional Lean BOS and MRB meetings.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy
- Associates or finishing Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Materials)
- Mechanical drafting experience is required
- Reliability, process, or industrial engineering experience that understands operational excellence, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), and or TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) techniques is ideal
- Ability to design manufacturing tooling, equipment, and fixtures for new and existing production parts is preferred
- Additional skills needed: experience with Autocad, Solidworks, and CNC programming preferred.
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee."
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.