Contract position: A market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products in San Jose, CA, is looking for 18 Production Technicians, We are looking for 2 levels of experience and people who can work swing and night shifts. Focus will be on manufacturing of a key laser component. The candidates need to be hands-on, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with the ability to quickly learn and carry out our specific work instructions from start to finish. This is a year and a half long project. Night shift pays 15% differential on top of hourly rate!Responsibilities for the Production Technician
Requirements for the Production Technician
- Follows instructions to assembly, align, test and package components.
- At least 2 years of hands on experience assembling laser components and operating instrumentation.
- Experience with for example: power measurement, fiber splicing, critical packaging.
- Familiar with ISO-9001 requirements.
- Class III-V laser experience is a plus.
- Work swing or night shift.
- Different shifts available.
- 15% differential on top of hourly eate for night shift.
- Contractor benefits like PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.