Permanent position: Production Supervisor needed in Russellville Alabama to join a fast paced, cutting edge manufacturing plant. This is a supervisory role operating on a swing shift. Excellent bonus opportunity and benefits offered.Responsibilities for the Production Manager
Requirements for the Production Manager
- Responsible for planning and managing efficient production activities through the direct supervision of production/maintenance work as assigned
- Supervise production and maintenance activities to ensure that products meet or exceed all established quality requirements
- Interprets specifications and makes judgment regarding the acceptability of production that is in process
- Manages all department-related activities which include selection, training, reviews, discipline, and safety for assigned staff
- Provides leadership in assuring employee physical wellbeing and safety by the development, promotion and enforcement of an uncompromising safety attitude
- Directs the manufacturing activities of all products including machines, spare parts, buildings & grounds and repair activities to meet customer schedule commitments within quality and cost objectives.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of technical expertise for the design of all CertainTeed/Saint-Gobain products
- Understands Lean Manufacturing Principles (Kaizen, 5S, Pilot Projects) and participates, supports and is familiar with Continuous Improvements methodology as it relates to WCM initiatives
- Bachelors Degree, in Industrial, Business or Mechanical Engineering, preferred / Associates Degree, in Industrial, Business or Mechanical Engineering, required
- Three (3) years manufacturing experience
- Ability to lead and manage a mid-sized manufacturing work force
- must have supervisory experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.