Contract position: Large Utility has an immediate need in the Essexville MI for a Environmental Technician to conduct analysis of soil, groundwater, or atmospheric samples to determine if pollutants are present and implements appropriate corrective action if necessary. Expected to last 6+ months, possible extension, possible temp to perm. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Environmental Technician
Requirements for the Environmental Technician
- Conducts analysis of soil, groundwater, or atmospheric samples to determine if pollutants are present and implements appropriate corrective action if necessary.
- Performs environmental compliance audits and risk assessments.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Must have a minimum of a AS and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- General chemistry understanding
- Groundwater or sampling experience is strongly preferred
- Contractor Benefits Available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.