Contract position: A Measurements Engineer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position will work with Division Engineering for the development of new measurement systems and upgrade of existing measurement systems. No per diem is available. No travel is required. 1st shift. OT is available on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Metrologist
Requirements for the Metrologist
- Develop and document standardized methods and procedures for measurement systems. Support on-going process improvement projects through measurement software upgrades.
- Participate in the design, building, testing and extension of various measurement and controls systems in the complex.
- Provide technical support for transferring technology from development to production. Provide progress reports to key stakeholders and organizational leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and prefer at least 2 years of measurements experience.
- Strong knowledge of measurements, instrumentation, controls technologies, and mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with vision processing tools and ability to post process images in tools such as Cognex, Halcon, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.