Contract position: Long Term contract opportunity. Large utility has an immediate need for Electrical Distribution Designers in Grand Rapids MI. Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering. Must be willing to work additional hours as necessary to assist with storm restoration activities. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
- Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
- Design in a CAD system
- Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
- Associate Degree
- Electric design experience. Experience in electronics design is acceptable, but utility design is highly desired.
- Microstation is a big plus
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.