Contract position: A Project Planner is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Portland, OR area. This role will be supporting new product project management team to ensure Manufacturing Engineering key deliverables are carefully tracked and reported. No per diem available. This role will require less than 1 month of travel a year. Travel will mainly be at the east coast plant locations.Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Provide project management support for new product introduction. Assist project lead to ensure project responsibilities are being completed.
- Support Core Team meetings by scheduling meetings, taking attendance, recording meeting minutes and action items, post meeting distribution and follow-up.
- Support all follow-up meetings by confirming invitees; scheduling meeting; taking attendance, meeting minutes and action items, post meeting distribution and follow-up.
- Maintain project timelines and create/maintain sub-project timelines. Report on upcoming milestones and critical paths.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related technical area. 2+years of directly applicable progressive experience in Engineering, Business Administration or related technical area. Familiarity with heavy commercial vehicle products is preferred.
- Personal computer office automation skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Must be a fast learner with the ability to learn the necessary systems at Freightliner in a very short time period.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.