Contract position: A Design Controls Engineer Consultant is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the Maple Grove, MN area. This position will support R&D integration efforts, including the deployment of the Product Development, Launch and Maintenance (PDLM) processes within Research and Development (R&D). No per diem available. 50% travel is required. 1st shift position: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Independently compare current state processes to PDLM process and recommend adoption plans. Collaborate with R&D SME's and cross-functional stakeholders to develop adoption strategies.
- Contribute critical thinking to create robust documentation, identify where interdependencies between processes or functions exist and elevate to appropriate SME's and Project Manager.
- Coordinate training to support release of new or revised R&D documents. Track and report progress and will communicate any identified risks or delays to projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Materials or Biomedical Engineering or similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience working within Design Controls in product development of Medical Devices as a Quality Engineer or Development Engineer.
- Must have experience in applying Design Controls and Risk Management using a life cycle approach.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.