Permanent position: Facilities Assessment Engineer - Well established and growing facilities and building maintenance service provider is seeking a degreed Facilities Assessment Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity in Richmond, VA. Client will provide some region relocation assistance to qualified candidates. This position requires ~50% to various facilities across the US. Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Candidate will be responsible for conducting site visits at various government and institutional facilities to assess building systems condition including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, security and access systems, etc
- Candidate will take field notes to create formalized Condition Assessment Reports for government & institutional customers
- Moving forward responsible for the maintenance operations leadership, management, direction and profitability of assigned projects for the multi-client, multi-facility portfolio of 3+ million square feet
- Ensure the delivery of maintenance activities per contractual guidelines and assist in the development of client solutions and relationships, programs, and supply base management
- Manage and provide technical subject matter expertise for all site based personnel
- Moving forward, candidate will be responsible for the maintenance operations leadership, management, direction and profitability of assigned projects for the multi-client, multi-facility portfolio of 3+ million square feet
- BSME, BSMET or other engineering or technical degree required. PE a plus.
- Must be computer / software proficient - any specific experience with VSA or 4Tell facility condition assessment packages a plus, but not required
- 5-7 years multi-site experience in technical operations management in facility management systems and/or service industry to include working, coordinating, supervising and planning mechanical/electrical maintenance functions preferred
- Extensive travel required (50%)
- Current trade license in either HVAC or plumbing preferred
- Previous experience in conducting building systems condition assessments and writing reports required
- Regional relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.