Permanent position: Cold Rolling Engineering Manager, Mobile, AL - Global manufacturer of specialty steel seeks to hire a Process Engineer Team Leader for Cold Rolling. This position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all activities for the Cold Rolling Works Engineering. Harmonize complete Engineering Activities across CRW, including systems and Responsibilities for the Manager
Requirements for the Manager
- Oversee, direct and coordinate all Process Engineering activities. Ensure process control, output quality and achievement of Process Engineering goals according to schedule.
- Review Process Engineering performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine cost reduction and process improvement opportunities. Continuously improve Engineering processes and quality
- Manage Process Engineering staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Determine Process Engineering staffing requirements, and support interviewing, hiring and training of new employees.
- Direct and coordinate Process Engineering budget activities to ensure achievement of budget (OpEx) plan, maximize capital expenditure (CapEx) investments, and increase operating efficiency
- Promote Safety culture and ensure all safety, environmental and ergonomic requirements are met.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Cold Rolling, Rolling Mill experience highly desired
- Supervision experience desired
- Previous experience in a comparable industry or position desired
- Monthly bonus
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.