Contract position: A Senior Materials Buyer is needed for a manufacturer of optics products in the Norwalk, OH area. This position is responsible for material supply of the local manufacturing facility and will have a direct impact on manufacturing efficiencies, raw material levels, supplier OTD and purchase price compliance. No per diem available. No travel anticipated. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Work in a matrix organization reporting locally to the Materials Manager while operating in a structure aligned by commodity group with members from the Strategic.
- Maintain responsibility for the procurement of materials to support manufacturing operations in an efficient manner, while ensuring appropriate inventory levels to satisfy the production plan and DOH targets.
- Maintain accurate order book in line with suppliers open orders and rescheduling (expediting or delaying) open Purchase Orders when necessary to support ERP and changing customer demands.
- Associate's degree and at least 5 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional purchasing or inventory management certification is preferred. Leadership and mentoring skills are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.