Contract position: A Tooling Manufacturing Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Coffeyville, KS area. This position assist senior team members in the redesign, transition and support of current and additional lines as necessary to support the company strategic plan. No per diem available. No travel required. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Investigate, gather and analyze data to implement innovative solutions which generate improvement in safety, productivity, consistent delivery or reduced cost.
- Implement plans to support lean manufacturing to include line flow simulations, matrix synchronization modeling, line balancing, and efficient material flow and presentation in conjunction with a senior team member.
- Support Continuous Improvement (CI) 2000 and Non-Conformance Corrective Action (NCCA) processes through root cause analysis, as well as design and implementation of processes to mitigate disruption of line flow.
- At least 1 year of engineering experience in a team environment (practical or educational) in any of the following engineering areas: mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design tools (such as: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Creo). Working knowledge of tool design/tooling and/or design of jigs and fixtures.
- Prefer experience working with capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.