Contract position: We are searching for a Process Improvement Specialist in Jackson, MS to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Continuous Improvement Engineer
Requirements for the Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Create and deploy the future state of the Modification Overhaul Repair (MRO) operations in terms planning, scheduling, material flow, manufacturing and inventory position.
- Participate in the creating of the Value Stream Maps, the definition of the new layout and process standardization.
- Support the development of Capital Approval Request and the data analytics required to justify investment - business case
- Participate and lead CI activities such as time studies, Standard Work, Value Stream Management, line balancing, layout deployment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred, but not required with ample work experience
- 3+ years of process improvement experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Industrial manufacturing - MRO (repairs) experience preferred
- Capable of developing, documenting and improving manufacturing processes
- Preferred experience with hydraulics (pressure testing)
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.