Permanent position: Multi-national maker of automotive parts seeks a CONTROLS ENGINEER for its manufacturing operations located just outside of ASHEVILLE, NC. The CONTROLS ENGINEER is a key member of the engineering team, involved in support of requirements gathering, technical proposals, and design / development of complex equipment controls and manufacturing systems. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Develops and supports interfaces for equipment communications with shop-floor tools and devices.
- Provides electrical designs and programming within applicable standards to build or modify production machines and systems.
- Responsible for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: Safety Systems, PLCs, HMIs, MES Systems, and PC based logic.
- Provides expert knowledge and experience regarding equipment PLCs in order to implement complexmanufacturing system solutions
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in electrical engineering, engineering or similar field plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering / operations.
- Expert knowledge of complex automation with PLC background, special machines, hydraulics, pneumatics and robotics programming interface preferred
- Strong knowledge of Controls Logix, SLC and Factory Talk software is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
- The company provides a competitive salary and benefits package to include bonus plan and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.