Permanent position: Lead Optical Engineer needed at a rapidly growing, cutting edge consumer electronics organization located in South Florida. APPLY NOW! Responsibilities for the Optics Engineer
Requirements for the Optics Engineer
- Create complete specifications document for VFE sub-assemblies and associated evaluation test plan.
- Work with the cross-functional product development team to build specifications "flow down" documents that ties product performance to critical specifications of all sub-systems, modules, and components for the wearable display.
- Closely interact with human factors, electronics, machine vision, optical, mechanical, content, and software organizations to derive, validate, and subsequently verify VFE system features and performance through system tests
- Design and perform laboratory experiments on various VFE technologies and sub-assemblies to quantify performance and evaluate performance in wearable display application
- PhD (required) in Applied Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or the equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing cutting-edge optical/vision systems
- Experience rapidly prototyping interdisciplinary (electrical, software, controls, optics, etc), high-fidelity proof-of-concept test beds
- Proficiency with optical modeling software such as ZEMAX, Code V or the equivalent.
- Top notch progressive company culture
- Annual bonus program with great payout track record
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Company paid medical insurance
- Relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.