Permanent position: Worldwide leader in the manufacture of automotive parts seeks a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER for its assembly operations located just outside of MANNING, SC. The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER WILL evaluate existing manufacturing systems / develop new systems as required to optimize machine utilization, component capacity, material flow, worker safety, and product quality. Job Keys: manufacturing / tooling / process flows. DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide services in planning, development, implementation and improvement of production processes.
- Establish manufacturing process, tooling, fixtures, gages, equipment and resulting standard costs for the quotation of new business.
- Write Appropriation Requests with detail proposed projects, estimate total capital expenditure required, and develop cost justification for each project.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or related field) with at least 1 year experience in heavy manufacturing (assembly/machining/stamping) operations.
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies and TPS based manufacturing.
- Tooling and project management exposure highly desired
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, life insurance, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.