Contract position: An Instrument Engineer is needed for a global healthcare leader that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patient's needs in the Swiftwater, PA area. This role maintains compliance and good documentation across Metrology such that the practices, policies, and procedures are aligned with regulatory, global and site quality requirements. No per diem available. Working hours Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the possibility of working overtime and different days and hours to provide service as required.Responsibilities for the Instrumentation Engineer
Requirements for the Instrumentation Engineer
- Responsible for timely instrument reviews in area of responsibility. Responsible to enter instrument requests into ProCal and reviewing completed calibration records.
- Provides technical support and analysis for instrument-related deviations. Works with schedulers, reliability engineers and others to lead, coordinate or assist with small instrument-related projects.
- Completes assigned change control action items in a timely manner. Assists with system administration for ProCal (Metrology's Computerized Calibration Management System).
- Provides project and audit (Internal, Global, and Regulatory) support in Metrology.
- Bachelor's degree or a comparable combination of education, training and job related experience, i.e., worked as an instrument engineer or calibration technician.
- Experience in the installation and calibration of commercial or industrial instruments. Preference given to instrument engineering experience in a GxP environment. Experience with electronic instrument databases. Preference given to ProCal and SAP experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with GxP change management systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.