Contract position: Senior Mechanical Engineer needed for a contract to hire role in Austin Texas. This position will work for a cutting edge, start-up environment with a small, advanced team. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Manage the design and engineering of equipment for a manufacturing facility
- Understand design needs for complex manufacturing equipment
- Work closely with chief engineer, manufacturing team, machinists, scientists and physicists to understand equipment design needs and execute complete accurate engineering designs.
- At least 5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Full manufacturing experience from initial design to fabrication
- Some understanding of material tolerances, metallurgy and stress on equipment is helpful
- Ability to work closely with a creative team and contribute to the overall design of internal manufacturing equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.