Contract position: A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This position will work with design engineering and Product Delivery Process (PDP) for solutions to make parts with consistent process capability, placing the correct tooling paired to the right machine tool. No per diem available. No travel required. Ability and willingness to work multiple shifts.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Work closely with current product engineers, PDP manufacturing engineering, operations, quality services, and the wage work force.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) Grow process which drives quality, ergonomic, and safety projects.
- Plan out machine modernization upgrades in order to keep our equipment up to industry safety standards.
- Knowledge of the Continuous Improvement process. Strong understanding of NCCA (corrective action), and process capability studies.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles. Working knowledge of forming, tooling, punch and laser operations.
- Knowledge of ProE, AutoCAD, FactoryCAD, VisMockup, and Bend programming (Radan).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.