Contract position: A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Thibodaux, LA area. This position is responsible for quality, delivery, supplier performance and establishing appropriate material replenishment process. No per diem available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Coordinate and lead efforts to address chronic supplier performance issues and/or validation of suppliers during the early supplier selection process as part of Enterprise Product Delivery Process (PDP).
- Lead and/or participate on multi-functional teams responsible for make vs. buy decisions, resourcing activities, and developing and implementing sourcing strategies; supports The Engineering Change Management (ECM) process.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measure the performance of the supplier and define corrective actions.
- Preferred experience in SAP, buying/quoting/suppler negotiation and supplier management. Material management (direct materials).
- Knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) and ERP (Enterprise Requirement Planning) systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.