Contract position: A 3D Designer is needed for a leader in power and automation technologies in the Raleigh, NC area. This role will use multiple CADD software platforms to create construction grade detailed design drawings related to electro-mechanical systems of electrical substations. No per diem available. No travel required. These rates are estimates, please submit the rate you would prefer.Responsibilities for the 3D Designer
Requirements for the 3D Designer
- Generate design and detail drawings including plans/sections, details and isometrics using 2D or 3D CAD software.
- Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes. Review customer drawings, specifications, and other documentation and adhere to requirements.
- Develop a complete set of construction documents (layouts, elevations, details, grounding plans and details, trench and conduit plans and details, single line diagrams, etc.) based upon project/client specification.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of 3D electrical design experience.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, etc. (3D Modeling Certifications Preferred).
- Knowledgeable in standard drafting practices and procedures. Skilled in PC usage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.